Damage to energy drinks. In what situations are energy drinks irreplaceable? What is contained in energy drinks, and what harm to energy drinks can be caused to the body? What side effects can there be with the use of energy drinks, and should they be taken at all?
Why do we need energy drinks?
Energy drinks are a relatively recent invention, although their components are used to raise vitality for many centuries. Manufacturers of energy drinks claim that their products are not harmful, promising a burst of energy, vivacity and high spirits. But at the same time, manufacturers recommend limiting one or two jars per day. If there is no harm to energy drinks - then why are the restrictions?
Energy drinks are indispensable for situations where it is necessary to cheer up and spur the work of the brain, when the body needs rest, but the rest is not due. In such cases, attention is usually paid little to the damage of energy drinks.
Energy drinks are a kind of vitaminized coffee substitutes because two banks contain a daily dose of caffeine. Compared to coffee, energy drinks have a number of undeniable advantages. And to harm energy drinks we'll see a little later. So, what are the pros.
- Energy drinks contain a complex of vitamins and glucose, which is absorbed into the blood, entering into oxidative processes and producing the necessary energy for the brain, muscles and other vital organs.
- The vast majority of energy drinks are carbonated, which speeds up their absorption and effect compared to coffee.
- The effect of vivacity after consuming an energy drink (3-4 hours) lasts 2-3 times longer than after coffee (1-2 hours).
- The use of energy drinks is possible in situations where coffee is not available, for example, on the dance floor, in a car.
What is included in most energy drinks?
The composition of energy drinks includes, for the most part, the following components.
- First of all, it is caffeine, it contains all energy drinks without exception. Caffeine stimulates the activity of the brain.
- Carnitine - one of the components of cells of the human body, promotes the oxidation of fatty acids.
- Matein is an extract from South American green tea "mate", dulls the feeling of hunger and helps in reducing weight.
- Feminine and guarana are medicinal plants of tonicity, promote the purification of the liver and the excretion of lactic acid from the cells.
- Vitamins of group "B" - normalize the work of the nervous system and brain.
- Melatonin and taurine are also part of the energy drinks, but scientists have not yet fully studied the effect of these substances on the human body.
What is the harm of energy drinks?
Many nutritionists and doctors warn energy drink lovers and advise to refrain from frequent use of them. The maximum dose is 2 jars (0.33 l) per day. Because of a number of disadvantages, you may be harmed by energy drinks. So, what are these drawbacks that arise when this dose is exceeded.
- As a result of consuming energy drinks, blood pressure and blood sugar level increase.
- The energy drink itself is not saturated with energy, but draws it from the internal reserves of the human body.
- After the end of the energy drink comes fatigue, irritability, insomnia and depression.
- Caffeine, contained in an energy drink, depletes the nervous system, and, in addition, is addictive.
- Vitamin "B" contained in the energy drink causes a shiver in the hands and feet, as well as rapid heartbeat.
- Almost all energy drinks are high in calories.
- When an overdose of energy drinks, there are side effects - nervousness, psychomotor agitation and a depressive state.
The damage to energy drinks is real. So is it worth using them?
It is, but only as a one-time stimulated stimulant of vital energy. Quite possibly, in your life there will come a time when the use of energy drink will be the only way out in this situation. To do this, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the rules of use, so that the harm of energy drinks is minimal.
- The maximum possible daily dose is two jars of 0.33 liters.
- Within 4 hours after consuming an energy drink, you should not consume caffeinated drinks (tea, coffee), so as not to exceed the critical rate of caffeine in the body.
- You can not mix energy drink with alcohol, caffeine increases blood pressure, and in conjunction with alcohol its effect increases. An example of such a severe violation can be the currently produced "Jaguar" drink - an extremely extreme thing, especially dangerous for people with an unhealthy heart.
- Energy drinks should never be consumed by pregnant women, children and adolescents, and the use is strictly forbidden for hypertension, glaucoma, cardiovascular disorders, increased excitability, nervousness, sleep disorders and sensitivity to caffeine. Energy drinks are just substitutes coffee with the addition of vitamins and glucose, and the harm of energy drinks is incommensurably higher than the harm of coffee. Experts in the field of health and medicine do not recommend consuming energy drinks too often, as much as possible to reduce the amount of their use, or better - generally refuse.